الرئيسية منتديات مجلس الثقافة العامة What U Need 2 Know About Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flue

مشاهدة 4 مشاركات - 1 إلى 4 (من مجموع 4)
  • الكاتب
    المشاركات

What You Need to Know about Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flue

What is Influenza A (H1N1)? 1
    Influenza A (H1N1), which was previously called Swine Flue, is a highly contagious acute respiratory disease caused by one of several influenza A viruses. The virus A (H1N1) is transmitted from human to human.

How do people become infected with Influenza (H1N1)? 2
    Influenza A (H1N1) is a respiratory disease transmitted from person to person when infected people cough or sneeze, infected droplets get into their hands, drop onto surfaces, or are dispersed into the air. If another person can breath in contaminated air, or touch infected hands or surfaces, and then they will be infected.

What are the signs and symptoms of infection? 3
    Early sings of influenza A(H1N1) are flue-like, including:
    Fever
    Cough
    Headache
    Muscle and joint pain
    Sore throat and running nose
    Vomiting or diarrhoea

Is an effective vaccine already available against the new Influenza A H1N1) virus? 4
    No, but work is already going on to develop such a vaccine. Since this H1N1 virus is new, there is no vaccine currently available.

Is there a treatment available for the Influenza A(H1N1)? 5
    It has been stated by WHO that there are efficient antiviral drugs against influenza A(H1N1). Currently, Ministry of Health is well prepared by having enough quantities of these drugs.

What can I do to protect myself from catching influenza A(H1N1)? 6
    Wash hand thoroughly with soap and water, or cleans them with an alcohol-based hand rub on a regular basis (especially after touching the mouth and nose, or surfaces that are potentially contaminated).

Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when coughing and sneezing. Dispose the used tissues properly and immediately.

Reduce the time spent in crowded settings if possible.

Avoid close contact with people who might be ill.

Improve airflow in you living space by opening windows.

Avoid touching your mouth and nose without washing your hands.

If you are feeling unwell or have symptoms of influenza, you should not travel. This is a precaution that can protect other travelers. If you have any doubts about your health, you should check your health care provider.

Is it safe to travel? 7
    WHO is not recommending travel restrictions related to the outbreak of the influenza A(H1N1) virus. However, it is better to avoid travelling to the affected countries. If it is necessary to travel, please know about the affected countries from the WHO website:
    http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflue/en/index.html

What should I do if I think I have the illness? 8
    Currently, there is no registered cases in the Sultanate. However, certain precautions should be followed if you feel unwell, have high fever, cough or sore throat.

Stay at home and keep away from work, school or crowds.

Seek medical advice immediately or call the hotline.

Rest and take plenty of fluids.

Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when coughing and sneezing, and dispose the used tissues properly and immediately.

Wash your hands with soap and water often especially after coughing or sneezing.

Inform family and friends about your illness and try to avoid contact with other people.

What should I do if I think I need medical attention? 9
    Go to the nearest health center.
    Inform your suspicion of infection to the health care provider as soon as you arrive and explain why you think you have influenza A(H1N1) and if you have recently travelled to a country where there is the outbreak. Follow the advice given to you.

Cover your nose and mouth.

Should I go to work if I have the flue and I’m feeling OK? 10
    No. whether you have influenza A(H1N1) or a seasonal influenza, you should stay at home during the duration of your symptoms.

Influenza A(H1N1) hotline is always available to answer all yours queries. For any further information please call on:
    92466422 968+
    92466642 968+

Source
    Ministry of Health
    General Director of Health Affairs
    Health Education & Information Dept.
    In Corporation with
    Communicable Diseases Control Dept.

If u wish to read this subject in Arabic, please visit Majlis Al Sahha
    or click on this link
    http://www.majalisna.com/bulletin/index.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1006691#Post1006691

Note: these information were published during the early times of the outbreak.. there might be more updated information

So far, there has been 8 cases reported in the Sultanate

initially the affected people are admitted in Al Nahda Hospital for one day,, then they’re discharged to their homes where they’re advised to stay and to take the prescribed medications

of course there is a committe formulated by the Ministry of Health to follow such cases and provie the necessary health care .. until they make sure that the individual has cured from the disease

Al-Manar
    مشارك
    Dear سمش مسقط..

Thank U so much,,

important to know all those information..

thanks a lot,,

Keep it up..

Best wishes

صاحب المشاركة : almnar-com”ubbcode-body”>

Dear سمش مسقط..

Thank U so much,,

important to know all those information..

thanks a lot,,

Keep it up..

Best wishes

U R welcomed.. it’s my pleasure

ninteen cases have been reported in the Sultanate until now .. as been recorded in the news paper

but still i’m not sure .. i’ll keep on the uptades as soon as i get the latest information

thank you for passing by

مشاهدة 4 مشاركات - 1 إلى 4 (من مجموع 4)
  • يجب تسجيل الدخول للرد على هذا الموضوع.

يستخدم موقع مجالسنا ملفات تعريف الارتباط الكوكيز لتحسين تجربتك في التصفح. سنفترض أنك موافق على هذا الإجراء، وفي حالة إنك لا ترغب في الوصول إلى تلك البيانات ، يمكنك إلغاء الاشتراك وترك الموقع فوراً . موافق إقرأ المزيد