الرئيسية منتديات مجلس اللغات الأجنبية HOW DID I LEARN THE SPEAKING ENGLISH LANGUAGE

مشاهدة 10 مشاركات - 1 إلى 10 (من مجموع 10)
  • الكاتب
    المشاركات

I used to hear that the best way of learning English is by watching English news or by reading English magazines repeatedly..(It sounds boring)

Well, this may work with some people.. but not with all of them..

Once I’ve asked my English teacher at the school.. How can I learn speaking English fluently.. Provided that I’m getting the highest marks in the English subject, but I’m so hesitated when it comes to the speaking part or if somebody even outside the school starts a conversation in English I feel as if he is punishing me or something like that.. She smiled at me and said:

Listen, if you want to learn English or any foreign language try to learn it through something you are enjoying it .. I will not tell you to watch news since you don’t like watching news.. but I will tell you to think of something you can enjoy it and at the same time you can learn through it speaking the language fluently..

Actually, at those days I couldn’t afford taking private English classes during summer times at any institute.. so I said to my self.. I’ve got to do something..

I like listening to songs.. so… why shouldn’t I try learning English through listening to English songs!! YES WHY NOT..

I switched my ear from an Arabic listener to an English one.. I started to listen to English songs and not only that, but I used to write and memorize them.. I used to buy those cassettes which contains lyrics inside them .. then I read the song .. clarify any word I don’t understand by using my dictionary… and sing the song..

Actually, ’till now I’m doing that and I’m enjoying my self very much..

After I graduated from the secondary school.. I joined the nursing institute where a lot of lectures and presentation to be made in english.. I’m happy to say that I used to do my presentation and give lectures in the English language comfortably and in a very confident way… so many people are asking me how did I learn to speak English fluently.. but I’m only smiling at them and say (JUST LIKE THIS)

SO FROM MY EXPERIENCE..

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ENGLISH, FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

1) ENJOY LEARNING THE LANGUAGE, never feel that it is a heavy load on your back that you have to get red off, but feel that it is a cool thing that you enjoying it.

2) LEARN IT THROUGH SOMETHING YOU ENJOY, books are useful but sometimes they are very boring.. especially for some people like me who don’t like reading.. you can learn through other ways (e.g. watching English news, or reading English newspapers or magazines, listening to English songs, watching English movies, reading anything infront of you written in English and try to understand what does it mean, for example.. if you are driving your car you in a souq (shopping areas) you can read those boards infront of every shop you meet) anything you might enjoy it.

3) DO NOT BELIEVE THE 2ND POINT 100%, books might be boring but you should use them especially regarding understanding grammar.. which is the base of the English language though it might be the hardest part of learning this language.

4) DON’T FEEL A SHAME FROM MAKING MISTAKES, when you are trying to speak the language don’t be shy at anytime you might make a mistake, but always try to benefit from your mistakes through getting to know the right words and avoid repeating mistakes.

5) TRY ALWAYS TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE and practice it.. this is the best way of improving speaking it…

THAT’S ALL

I hope you benefit from my subject and always remember..

EACH LANGUAGE IS A DIFFERENT PERSON..

HOW MANY PERSONS YOU CAN MAKE INSIDE YOURSELF!!

BEST LUCK

alnadabi
    مدير عام

Hi AlMahabah,

After long time, and as usual always posting helpful topics,

I just want to add one thing which it’s really important to improve your language skills, don’t stop speaking this languages for a while, in other way if you want to increase your confident of speaking English use it every where not only in your workplace, even with your family members, because if you become using it infrequently you will loose many key feature of what you have learned before and it may cause you to learn it from elementary stage (and it’s happened to many people who I know them very well and they really forgot how to speak this language after thy were very well in English).

I know that some Arab people getting shy to speak this language with their family and friends, because they may think it’s impolite to speak English and their mother language is Arabic. So consider to use them both in different times (be careful to mix them up) you will be really a joke in some times if you did, So try speak pure Arabic or pure English in official times not both in one conversation.

Of course that was my opinion regards this topic.

Thanks again

Bader AlNadabi

سكر زياده
    مشارك

i agree with you two

i just wanna add that listening to the english programs

especially talk shows((((not the songs))) on the radio could be very helpful

AlNadabi&

what you said

is so important

i agree with u

100%

Definitely

you’ve enlighted an important part people should take care of when they’re learning the English language

thanx for your precious opinion

sugar zyiada

your idea is absolutely correct

anyway, there’re actually many other helpful ways

but i always like to encourage people who are learning this language to search for any method each person can be comfortable with

when i came to talk about the english songs

my main idea was to listen the english wards from an english person only

who is the only one who can deliver you pure words with a pure english accent

i’m always encouraging people to listen, open their ears nicely and listen how the words are pronounced…

you can not get the right english language when you are listening to someone with a different accent for example if your teacher is an indian or philipino or even an Omani it’s not like if he is an english..

anyway, i hope you’ve got my point

THANX 4 UR OPENION

سكر زياده
    مشارك

absolutly

i hate it when the teacher’s accent isn’t that good

i never had 1 with good accent

eccept for once when i was in my last year of secondry school

her accent was as good as british nativespeakers..

but the truth is that i like american accent more

mobi
    مشارك

Thank you so much in sharing with us concerning the subject [How did I learn the speaking English Language]. It is very interesting one and beneficial to anyone who would try to visit the site. These are bright steps and It’s a good tips on how to learn the English Language.

I hope others will desire and emulate what you have wrote and it needs only perseverance and persistent to what we are doing inasmuch as those who are successful in every thing or profession for instance as what you are now is the result of your decisiveness to learn.

I would like to ask this question in general. What is our goal in life? Undoubtedly the answer is to be successful in learning the English subject.

The key word is COMMIT. I used this word because if we desire something we should commit ourselves in doing it. There is always a room to learn for the betterment. Take the opportunity to learn because time is gold for the days that past will not come back anymore and by doing it, we can attain our dreams in reality.

Follow the good tips that we have learned for we will be benefited and it is our best teacher. The teacher is teaching the student in turn the student should do its part willingly, heartily and obediently to learn the subject effectively.

In short, in order to be fluent in conversing as well as in writing the English language, frequently speak the language confidently and read English articles provided the content is educational one for it is also an exercise of the brain to increase ones reasoning power.

Sorry for my delay sharing in this subject, because I am busy in my work.

My Best Regards and Have a nice day.

Yes Sukar Zyiada
    i guess ur point is totaly right
    i also didnt get the right accent ’till i joined the nursing institute

Our Dear mobi
    i’m very impressed
    Anyway, every person has to put a goal for himself
    that will let him work hard to acheive it..
    Frankly, coming back to the English language, nowadays it’s so hard for the people who do not know how to speak & read english..
    i know many people.. especially those who r searching for a job they are facing difficulties ’cause they are lacking the English language..
    Anyway, your openion is precious
    Thank you

Twister
    مشارك

Hi all …

hope ya are all in the best of health …

well … the way I see it that there are so many ways to master English language in which me myself have experienced and found ’em to be pretty useful …

The rule of thumb here is that ya got to have the DESIRE to learn how to speak English fluently … the way it is with everything else … having this desire will give ya the initial push from the very beginning to search for whatever options to get into your goal … sure ya all understand what I’m saying here and no need to elaborate more on this.

Earlier on I mentioned that there are many ways to master English (spoken / written) … I will list them here so that anybody can comment on sayin his /her own experience in which telling us how MUCH did it work for him/her … ok … here ya go …

Reading English literature … A very VERY useful way in which ya really master English very EFFECTIVELY … cuz it’s all there … Also, reading novels could be very helpful too … cuz there ya can get the daily spoken English along with the expressions they use …

Watching American movies … another way of learning English I mean just the spoken English … I used to follow this way since I was 10 and found it to be very helpful … I mean sure in case ya prefer the American accent over any other accent (British, Australian, SCOTTISH, IRISH( … liked this way cuz the translation is there … sure at most times it’s not persistence nor adequate … but at least it’s there … at first ya just use the translation then ya start to link both what ya hear and read so that ya start to have that initial sense of the expressions they daily use … then ya practice sayin them … using them in your daily talk as much as possible … then ya start to listen to the dialogue without lookin at the translation so that ya know your level in which ya start workin on developing yourself more and more.

Of course listening to music could be of help too … I start listening to a very known band … WestLife … cuz they are pretty easy to follow …

These are the main ways I followed to learn English … and of course joining SQU was very useful too cuz there I learned grammar and stuff …

Hope I could be of help … I shall close now to not bother ya more and hope not so far …
    All the best

fi aman allah

سكر زياده
    مشارك

i just wana say

welcome aboard

TWISTER

glad to see you join here. Make yourself at home and enjoy being here with us.

Twister
    مشارك

Deare sis Sukkar zyada …

I do appreciate your lovely initiate … hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly appreciated … and sure I will … I truely feel I’m home …

all the best …

fi aman allah

مشاهدة 10 مشاركات - 1 إلى 10 (من مجموع 10)
  • يجب تسجيل الدخول للرد على هذا الموضوع.

يستخدم موقع مجالسنا ملفات تعريف الارتباط الكوكيز لتحسين تجربتك في التصفح. سنفترض أنك موافق على هذا الإجراء، وفي حالة إنك لا ترغب في الوصول إلى تلك البيانات ، يمكنك إلغاء الاشتراك وترك الموقع فوراً . موافق إقرأ المزيد